A fantastic day out – here’s 5 reasons why the 14th September should be in your diaries
1. Here’s your chance to get up close and meet the animals! Whether it’s a Shire horse, the gentle giants of the equine world, our magnificent cattle, or even an inquisitive alpaca, animals of all shapes and sizes bring the Show to life, and there’s something new round every corner.
2. Indulge in local cheeses, sample fudge, artisan chocolates, pies, freshly baked bread, cured meats, fresh frozen yogurt, gins, liqueurs and so much more. Visit the North West’s largest locally produced Food Hall and sample all the delights for a true taste of Cumbria.
3. See something brand new. Ever seen a heavy horse’s mane being plaited ready for the Show Ring? Or seen the intricate detail needed for making lace? What about the spectacle of the hounds and huntsmen in the Main Ring? See something you never have before at Westmorland Show, come and have a go in the Rural Crafts area, meet the foxhounds and get involved!
4. Get inspired by the beautiful exhibits in the Women’s Institute Marquee. Mouth-watering cakes, jams, biscuits and exquisite crafts designs mean that you’re sure to leave buzzing with ideas for those baking or crafty projects.
5. The Retail Experience – shop ‘til you drop amongst 400 + trade stands. Find one-off Show exclusives, bag a bargain, or just browse amongst the huge variety of traders to see what takes your fancy. Westmorland Show has everything from local car dealers to delicate handmade jewellery and everything in-between.