Tickets for Westmorland Show 2018 will be available shortly
PLEASE FOLLOW COUNTY SHOW SIGNAGE AND NOT SATELLITE NAVIGATION ON WESTMORLAND COUNTY SHOW DAY
Road access is very straight forward but at peak times please expect some delay as you approach the Showground -at the busiest times your patience will be appreciated.
All car parking are FREE, signposting is clear and stewards are on hand to help with your questions.
Travelling by car
From M6 Northbound
- Exit the M6 at junction 35, take the A601(M) Carnforth/ Morecambe/A6
- At the roundabout take the second right onto the A6 (1/2 mile)
- Follow Show signage
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto A6070.
- Turn left to stay on the A6070
- Follow Signage to the Car Parks
From M6 Southbound
- Exit the M6 at junction 36 and follow signage
From Kendal (west) and the Lakes
- From A591 exit at Brettagh Holt/Sizergh and follow A590 Barrow
- Follow signage via A6 through Milnthorpe
From Kendal (east)
- Follow A65 to Crooklands
From Kirkby Lonsdale A65
- Continue on A65 towards Junction 36 M6 and follow signage
From Barrow A590
- Exit at Levens Bridge and follow A6 through Milnthorpe
Stagecoach operate a FREE return bus service from Kendal and Milnthorpe to the showground for the Westmorland County Show Day commencing at 9am – 6pm
The nearest station is Oxenholme Lake District is on the west coast main line. Taxis are available from the station (5 miles to Showground)
If you would like book accommodation, search using the stay overnight button to check for availability.
How about extending your stay for a couple of nights? With the picturesque Lake District on our doorstep and nearby accommodation to suit everyone‚Äôs budget it‚Äôs a perfect excuse for a short getaway. Visit the Go Lakes website for some ideas
- The Crooklands Hotel, Crooklands – 015395 67432
- The Gilpin Bridge Inn, Levens – 015395 52206
- The Heaves Hotel, Levens – 015395 60269
- The Longlands Hotel, Tewitfield, Carnforth – 01524 781256
- The Villa, Brettagh Halt, Levens – 01539 980980
Bed & Breakfast
- Ullathornes, B&B, Middleton – 015242 76214
- Winnowing Barn, B&B, Lupton – 015395 67423
- Cragg Farm, B&B, New Hutton – 01539 721760
- Tythebarn House, B&B, Holme – 07909 988114
- Capernwray House, B&B, Carnforth – 01524 732363
- 1 Park Road, B&B, Windermere – 015394 42107
- Millers Beck, Country Guest House & Self Catering, Stainton – 015395 60877
- Number 43, Boutique Accommodation, Arnside – 01524 762761
- Foulstone Farm, Lupton, Kirkby Lonsdale – 015395 67238
- Viver Watermill, Viver Lane, Hincaster, Nr Milnthorpe – 015395 61017
- Sonata Guesthouse, Kendal 19 Burneside Road, Kendal – 01539 732290
- Etland House, 6 Bedroom SC, Preston Patrick – 015395 67523
- Byland Cottage, 3 Bedroom SC, Preston Patrick – 015395 67523
- Hornsbarrow Farmhouse, 3 Bedroom SC, Kirkby Lonsdale – 015395 67618
- Kendal Cottages – 01539 736611
- Stayin (The Lake Disrtrict)
- Greystones, Milton LA7 7NL – SC sleeps 6, Mrs Delia Howson – 015395 67264
- Lothlorien Holiday Cottage, Kents Bank – 015395 32642
- Millness Leisure Park – 015395 67306
- Kendal Hostel – 01539 724066
- Simgill Farm, Grayrigg – Tel 01539 824419 or 07817 945321
Camp / Caravan Sites
- Little Acre Campsite – 015395 67214
- Millness Leisure Park – 015395 67306
- Waters Edge Caravan Park – 015395 67708
Disabled Forward Parking is available on a first come first served basis for blue badge holders.
Designated disabled toilet facilities around the Show Ground.
Mobility Scooters and Wheelchairs
Mobility Hire 4 You are delighted to attend the Westmorland County Show.
We will be providing scooters and wheelchairs for hire.
If you would like to pre-book any equipment, please visit www.mobilityhire4you.com for prices and availability or call Mary, Trudy or Ashleigh on 01353 653752, who will be happy to assist you with your booking.
Q. When is the next Westmorland County Show?
A. Thursday 13th September 2018. (Always the second Thursday in September).
Q. Where is the Show held?
A. Lane Farm, Crooklands, Milnthorpe, Cumbria LA7 7NH. Please follow Map & Directions for Show Day
Q. What time does the Show start and finish?
A. 8.00am – 5.30pm
Q. Is there a car park charge?
A. No – all parking on Showday is free.
Q. Are dogs allowed on the Showfield?
A. Yes but must be on a lead and under control at all times, will not be allowed in some marquees i.e. The Food Hall and Poultry Marquees.
Q. Is there a bus from Kendal?
A. The Society runs a special complementary bus service from Kendal and Milnthorpe, the bus can be hailed from any bus stop along the route along the A6 at a quarter to the hour or along the A65 at and a quarter past the hour throughout the day. 2018’s bus timetable will be available soon
Q. Do you have facilities for disabled people on site?
A. Yes, we have forward parking just across the road for blue badge holders. Disabled toilets can be located throughout the Showground. Mobility Scooters, Wheel Chairs and Disability Aids will be available to hire on Show Day. If you would like to pre-book any equipment, please visit www.mobilityhire4you.com for prices and availability or call Mary, Trudy or Ashleigh on 01353 653752, who will be happy to assist you with your booking.
Q.Are there any campsites available near to the Showground?
A. Yes, please book early at Waters Edge Caravan Park (015395 67708) or Little Acre Campsite (015395 67214).
For any further information please contact Kendal Tourist Information Centre 01539 725758 or Kirkby Lonsdale Tourist Information Centre 015242 71603
Q. Can we buy tickets in advance?
A. Yes and save money! Tickets will be available from 1st June. Please telephone us for tickets on 015395 67804 between 9.30am and 4.30pm until 9th September 2018. Alternatively buy an e-ticket online, tickets are also available from outlets throughout the local area or in person at Lane Farm Reception.
Q. What Baby Changing and Toilet Facilities are available?
A. We have Creche and Baby Changing facilities in a dedicated marquee with trained staff on site. Each disabled toilet also contains a baby changing table. Toilets can be found at various locations on the Showfield.
Q. Admission Fees on the day?
A. 2018 TBC
The Society runs a special complementary Bus Service to the Westmorland County Show.
PLEASE NOTE 2018’s free bus timetable will be available soon
The Bus will be clearly marked and can be flagged down any where along the route to the Showground.
Extra Buses will be arranged if required.
The last bus will leave the showground at 6.05pm